Disney Classic 03 Fantasia (by lazysiber)
I love these vintage Disney black and white cartoons, there is a website that has all the episodes on there, including poppey, and porky pig its so cute.
Here are some other things you might not know about The Nightmare Before Christmas:
- Though widely credited as the primary creative force behind the film, Tim Burton did not actually direct. Hard at work on his Batman sequel, it was Henry Selick who filled in as director for Burton’s project.
- In the opening song “This is Halloween,” the lyrics “tender lumplings everywhere” is a reference to Danny Elfman’s band Oingo Boingo which recorded a 37 second track titled “Tender Lumplings” released a year later on their Boingo album.
- The films original narrator was none other than “Star Trek: The Next Generation” star Patrick Stewart.
- Horror-film heavyweight and previous collaborator of Burton’s, Vincent Price was originally meant to be the voice of Santa Claus. Unfortunately, Price had fallen ill and his voice track recording was considered sub-standard and ordered to be re-recorded by another actor.
- The film was originally supposed to be released under the well-known Walt Disney Pictures banner, but then-Disney CEO Michael Eisner found the film a bit too dark, and opted to release Nightmare under Disney’s label Touchston Pictures instead.
- The voice of Look, one of the three trick-or-treaters Jack recruits to abduct Santa Claus, is none other than Paul “Pee Wee Herman” Reubens.